FMC

North Entrance - Yellowstone NP

FMC    0

The write-up doesn't really go into the reasoning, but I'm assuming it's something along the lines of a general "Yellowstone NP has a lot of geothermal activity so the edge/entrances of Yellowstone are where that geothermal (warm waters) activity halts."

Kind of a stretch IMO and, reading the write-up, it seems more like they were working backwards from Lamar Ranger Station as HOB to this WWWH.

J A Kraven    0

Except for the particular WWWH, this is again functionally equivalent to the Boiling River and Mammoth Hot Springs entries - all 3 of them get going at the confluence of the Gardner and Yellowstone Rivers (at Gardiner MT), and proceed down the Yellowstone from there.

Same with this "Gypsy's Kiss" vlog by Toby Younis and Shelley Carney - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AAsKyfYfHA

jake

FMC    0

I don't disagree but as our primary focus is on the wwwh, this seems like a different starting point, even if the various solves you referenced all converge fairly quickly.

The borders of Yellowstone seem to be a common wwwh irrespective of Boiling River/Mammoth Hot Springs.

J A Kraven    0

I wasn't arguing against inclusion so much as presenting what I think is useful info for anyone looking into North Entrance - Yellowstone NP (or any of its cognates) for the first time here. It's different from but similar to any other assessment of what follows from any other WWWH on offer.

Edited by FMC
Deleted off-topic content. To be continued in suggestions post.